Monday, November 17, 2014

Day 2!

After work today, my alarm went off to let me know it was time to stir my must and get my daily specific gravity reading (haha, as if I'd forget!).

I cleaned and sanitized the equipment again and went downstairs to get my readings:







Temperature: 74 degrees F
Specific Gravity: 1.100
Notes: The specific gravity actually went up in the first 24 hours, which means my yeast is alive and thriving (I think!).  It was also talking to me when I opened the lid! (hah)  It was foamy and slightly bubbly (tiny bubbles), and some of the yeast was grouped up on the side of the bucket.  From what I've read, this is normal behavior (yay!), so I stirred it up to re-suspend the yeast.  It also smelled slightly yeasty, but not much.  It actually reminded me of the smell in wine caves with a touch of yeast.

I found the link below for any issues that may arise or if anything starts to look or smell funny.  Could come in handy, but I hope I don't have to use it too much.

Wine Kit First Aid

Until tomorrow! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment