Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Wine Maker Certification

I ran across an interesting ad in my Wine Maker magazine today.  There is a Winemaking Certification Program at UC Davis, and I'm very interested in such a program!  I found another that's out of Texas Tech, and it looks like it might be in conjunction with Texas A&M University (Whoop!).  It's mostly online except for a couple classes that are 2.5 days long (I'm guessing maybe over a weekend..?).  It's called the Texas Winemaking Certification Program.  I might wait to see how my first wine turns out before investing too much extra time and money in a certification program, or maybe even my second wine, if the first one isn't any good.

Going to these websites also allowed me to find the Texas Winegrape Network.  I had no idea such a place exisited, but it really doesn't surprise me.  There's so much information on this site, if you (or I), ever needed to know anything about growing wine grapes or vineyards, or just about anything else winemaking-related, that's the place to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment