Sunday, December 14, 2014

Wine has been bottled!

I meant to share this a few days ago, but I've been under the weather, unfortunately, so I haven't really been myself.  Monday night I was ok though, and I'd been waiting for my wine to clear, which it was, Monday night!


I tasted it to see how it was, and I must say, it was (is) halfway decent!  Very impressed!


You know the drill by this time...


I siphoned all the wine from the carboy to the bucket for (supposedly) easier bottling.  Then I cleansed, rinsed, and sanitized all 24 of my bottles.  Next time, I will definitely have 30+ bottles, because I had more than 24 bottles-worth of wine.





After all that and before putting the wine in the bottles, I put in the potassium sorbate so that there would be no further fermentation in the bottles.


Then I went to bottling!  And making a couple messes!  Next time, this will happen outside... 



And voila!  We have bottled wine, folks!  I'm still going to need a few more bottles for the remaining wine, but I just haven't felt up to going and getting it yet.  I'll keep those last ones separate just in case something has happened during the time in between.


This has been a pretty cool process and I've absolutely learned from some mistakes.  I will be doing this again once I have some additional supplies (at least one more carboy, a taller table, a couple more bottle squirting cleaner things, enough bottles, etc.), but I really hope this batch is at least drinkable.  We shall see!  It has to stay in the bottles at least a month before attempting to drink, so I'll be drinking it next year (haha).  I'll let you know how it goes!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment